Centre for Energy Efficient Telecommunications - News, Features, and Slideshows
4G long term evolution (LTE) networks could consume up to 59.3 per cent of wireless cloud energy by 2015, according to research by the Centre for Energy Efficient Telecommunications (CEET).
The traditional method of measuring the energy consumption and CO2 emissions of ICT equipment for carbon reduction purposes may not necessarily be the best, according to researchers from University of Melbourne’s partner Centre for Energy Efficient Telecommunications, and Bell Labs.
- Why Facebook Messenger will fail as a 'platform'
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split