Carnegie Mellon University - News, Features, and Slideshows
A team of students from the University of Texas at Austin is being awarded $100,000 in seed funding for an app based on IBM's Watson technology that's designed to give Texas citizens easier access to social services.
It's more spider than snake, but a robot called Snake Monster can dial up the creep factor when it crawls around on six legs.
These awards, along with the National Medal of Science, are the nation's highest honors for achievement and leadership in advancing the fields of science and technology.
Hackers attacked the infrastructure of Tor, the anonymizing service, earlier this month in an incident that may have compromised a number of hidden services, according to an announcement posted today by the Tor Project's director, Roger Dingledine.
The TOR Project thinks it has figured out how the author of a canceled Black Hat talk cracked its software to mask the source of Internet traffic, and it is working on a patch.
- Kevlar could keep lithium-ion batteries from catching fire
- Microsoft previews free, updated Power BI business intelligence tool
- Microsoft's stream processing engine boosts Bing, Azure services
- A new kind of DDoS threat: The "Nonsense Name" attack
- Snapchat and Twitter violate each other's personal space