- Google beefs up security controls in Drive for Work
- Should you be afraid of text messages?
- RadioShack update: User data is safe for now, while Sprint co-branding is in the works
- Over 100,000 devices can be used to amplify DDoS attacks via multicast DNS
- Palo Alto service to flag particularly evil security attacks
Capita - News, Features, and Slideshows
Blue Coat Systems is being sold by one private equity firm to another for $2.4 billion as it is prepped to go public again after it was taken off the stock market in 2012.
Corporations and venture capitalists loved renewable energy last year, and will continue to embrace it this year.
Capriza, a startup that helps enterprises convert their legacy apps into mobile- and cloud-based ones, Thursday announced it has racked up an additional $27 million in venture funding. That should be enough to help Capriza scale its business on the marketing and sales side, and maybe even have enough left over to afford a drummer and bassist to form a company band (more on that later...).
The Internet of Things, and everything that's part of its universe, including smart machines, pervasive analytics and 3D printing, are on Gartner's annual list of strategic technologies for the year ahead.
Pluralsight, a Salt Lake City e-learning company that offers video-based courses on everything from Windows 8 to WebRTC to Apple iOS, has raised a fresh $135 million in venture funding.
Even though the term "phablet" draws a lot of snarky remarks, some workplace executives have lately come to appreciate large-screen smartphones. And at least one who should know even believes that smartphones with a display that's 5.5-in. or larger (like the new iPhone 6 Plus or the Galaxy Note 4) could replace PCs in a few years.
Microsoft's board of directors wants to wrap up its search for a new CEO before the end of the year, according to Bloomberg, citing anonymous sources close to the action.
Social networks are dead, and smart VC money is pouring into enterprise startups like Shoutlet, Asana, Narrative Science, and Delphix
- Konica Minolta Australia acquires two IT services companies
- My Net Fone acquires Telecom New Zealand International voice business for NZ$22.4m
- HP leverages Big Data to manage business apps
- 5 for 15: Sumal Karunanayake, ForgeRock senior vice-president Asia-Pacific and Japan
- 5 for 15: Todd Parsons, Avaya Australia and New Zealand channel director