- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, March 30
- British Airways notifies frequent flyers of possible breach of their accounts
- Opponents restate security, scope concerns as metadata retention becomes Australian law
- The week in security: Now law in Australia, data retention challenged overseas
- GitHub recovering from massive DDoS attacks
capacity - News, Features, and Slideshows
Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) is set to purchase additional capacity on the Southern Cross Cable Network (SCCN) for US$58.5 million (A$78.7 million).
A 2300 kilometre undersea cable system connecting Australia and New Zealand across the Tasman Sea will commence construction in early 2015.
Modern filmmaking techniques that consume data by the petabyte have forced post-production studios to upgrade capacity to handle the load, according to Park Road Post Production head of technology, Phil Oatley.
Bringing tablets to the classroom has enhanced education but created networking challenges for Parade College, according to the school’s IT manager, Daniel Caporetto.
With high demand on mobile networks expected on New Year’s Eve, the top three Australian carriers will rely on apps and network enhancements to avoid failed calls and text messages at midnight.