- China attacks lead Apple to alert users on iCloud threats
- Symantec sees rise in high-traffic DDoS attacks
- Industry can head off IoT privacy rules, former US official says
- Microsoft discloses zero-day flaw, publishes quick fix
- This key drive actually unlocks something: Authentication via USB comes to Chrome
canberra - News, Features, and Slideshows
canberra in pictures
Smart parking, lighting and waste management could soon be coming to Canberra, according to the ACT government official leading the city’s digital city initiative.
Assistant Minister for Defence, Stuart Robert, was on hand to help unveil the University of New South Wales' (UNSW) Canberra's Australian Centre for Cyber Security (ACCS) in Canberra. The centre, which is located at the Australian Defence Force Academy, will enhance UNSW’s strengths in computer/network security, risk management, international politics/ethics, law and big data analytics.
The Australian Centre for Cyber Security (ACCS), which will bring together government cyber security staff with academic researchers, opened in Canberra today.
The Australia Capital Territory (ACT) government and iiNet partnering to deploy more than 700 Cisco wireless access points that cover 12 business districts across the city in a $4 million project.
Vodafone has announced 4G mobile service is now available in the Australian Capital Territory.