- Prevention is better than cure, but what if it's not enough?
- Users smallest source of concern despite causing most security breaches: CompTIA
- Security Watch: SecurEnvoy partners with Connector Systems in new distro deal
- Verizon subscribers can now opt out of 'supercookies'
- Police investigations threatened as metadata retention feeds telephony diaspora
cab - News, Features, and Slideshows
Cab booking app developers have welcomed new taxi rules in Victoria as further opening the market for competitors to the taxi establishment.
In another attack on the traditional taxi payment model, the Australian startup ingogo is placing its own payment terminals into cabs to process payments from its mobile app.
Australian taxi-hailing startup GoCatch has announced a play for corporate travellers, signing BlackBerry and American Express as partners in the initiative.
Australian startup Ingogo raised $1.5 million in a new investment round to fund its cab booking mobile app, despite public attacks from the taxi industry.
A New South Wales minister said regulation is likely required to settle the taxi industry’s concerns about independent mobile apps like GoCatch which help users book a cab.
A fight brewing between mobile app developers and the taxi industry could end up in the courts and may result in new regulations, according to independent taxi app developers.
An independent taxi app maker has rejected claims by the taxi industry that its mobile app is not safe and should be banned.
- 5 for 15: Sumal Karunanayake, ForgeRock senior vice-president Asia-Pacific and Japan
- 5 for 15: Todd Parsons, Avaya Australia and New Zealand channel director
- Aussie appetite for fast broadband proves to be insatiable
- Dicker Data partners NEXTDC to provide "affordable" Cloud solutions
- There should be a ‘when, not if’ approach to security issues in the channel: LogRhythm
- Target: Emotional social vital to customer experience management
- CMO Interview: What it takes to be a smart marketing chief
- How NPS has helped NIB keep customers
- Report reveals obstacle to better customer service is organisational, not technical
- Stackla and Hootsuite partner to launch new social media integration