cab - News, Features, and Slideshows
Cab booking app developers have welcomed new taxi rules in Victoria as further opening the market for competitors to the taxi establishment.
In another attack on the traditional taxi payment model, the Australian startup ingogo is placing its own payment terminals into cabs to process payments from its mobile app.
Australian taxi-hailing startup GoCatch has announced a play for corporate travellers, signing BlackBerry and American Express as partners in the initiative.
Australian startup Ingogo raised $1.5 million in a new investment round to fund its cab booking mobile app, despite public attacks from the taxi industry.
A New South Wales minister said regulation is likely required to settle the taxi industry’s concerns about independent mobile apps like GoCatch which help users book a cab.
A fight brewing between mobile app developers and the taxi industry could end up in the courts and may result in new regulations, according to independent taxi app developers.
An independent taxi app maker has rejected claims by the taxi industry that its mobile app is not safe and should be banned.
- Changing culture key to achieving digital agility
- OpenText CMO: Role of marketing technologist will be short lived
- Adshel to deploy beacon technology across outdoor advertising panels nationally
- CIO, CMO take top two posts at Myer following Brookes' departure
- CommBank CMO adds strategy to her executive marketing responsibilities