- Mass surveillance 'endangers fundamental human rights,' says study
- Link between NSA and Regin cyberespionage malware becomes clearer
- DEA cameras tracking hundreds of millions of car journeys across the US
- As real Flash patches go out, fake ones hit thousands of Facebook users
- Java is the biggest vulnerability for US computers
Brisbane City Council - News, Features, and Slideshows
An increase in CCTV cameras and management of surveillance data by Brisbane City Hall security staff has reduced incidents at the building from daily to monthly.
Despite union pressure, 55 IT staff at Brisbane City Council (BCC) will lose their jobs after the council decided to outsource their roles to Indian outsourcer HCL.
Recent natural disasters such as the Queensland floods and Cyclone Yasi mean now is the time to look at ways of avoiding ICT and staff issues in the event of a crisis, Brisbane City Council IT experts argue.
Brisbane City Council has become one of the first Australian public sector organisations to adopt a public Cloud service from Microsoft, leading the charge as state and federal governments consider the implications of such a migration.