BlackBerry maker, Research In Motion has released new mobile management software that adds support for Apple and Android devices but analysts say time will tell if the company's new emphasis on bring-your-own-device (BYOD) will succeed.
blackberry enterprise server - News, Features, and Slideshows
Scott Totzke knows mobile security. Currently VP of BlackBerry security at Research In Motion (RIM) and a RIM staffer for as long as the company has made smartphones, Totzke remembers when the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), RIM's main BlackBerry infrastructure component for corporations, had less than 50 IT policies for BlackBerry administrators to secure their organizations' smartphone deployments.
BlackBerry-smartphone-maker Research In Motion (RIM) late last week announced that its BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 5.0 software for corporate e-mail deployments now supports Microsoft's new Exchange Server 2010, as part of the BES service pack 1 (SP1) maintenance release 1 (MR1).
Research in Motion (<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/financial/rim.html">RIM</a>) has issued a new security patch for <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/050409-blackberry-enterprise-server.html">BlackBerry Enterprise Server</a> to fix vulnerabilities in its PDF distiller program.
Research in Motion's latest version of its BlackBerry Enterprise Server, which features a Web-based interface for device management, is now available.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) recently started shipping its brand new mobile operating system (OS), BlackBerry handheld OS 5.0. The new software packs a variety of cool new features and enhancements, including improved mail-folder management options; auto-correct and word-completion typing software; and a number of personal information management (PIM) feature-enhancements. (Note: Some of the new features require BlackBerry Enterprise Server BES 5.0.)
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.