ASIO is not carrying out mass surveillance of average citizens and the agency is subject to an appropriate level of oversight, according to the organisation's head David Taylor Irvine, director-general of security.
big brother - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Federal Police has dismissed Orwellian fears about facial recognition, advocating the biometrics technique as a critical piece of the law enforcement toolset for protecting citizens.
Kangan Institute has tried to strike a balance between campus security and student privacy while expanding its digital CCTV network, according to Kostas Kyrifidis, a senior consultant at the Institute’s resource management group.
The creator of the World Wide Web warned not to hand over power of his invention to the government.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW