ASIO is not carrying out mass surveillance of average citizens and the agency is subject to an appropriate level of oversight, according to the organisation's head David Taylor Irvine, director-general of security.
big brother - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Federal Police has dismissed Orwellian fears about facial recognition, advocating the biometrics technique as a critical piece of the law enforcement toolset for protecting citizens.
Kangan Institute has tried to strike a balance between campus security and student privacy while expanding its digital CCTV network, according to Kostas Kyrifidis, a senior consultant at the Institute’s resource management group.
The creator of the World Wide Web warned not to hand over power of his invention to the government.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today