Bell Labs - News, Features, and Slideshows
Bell Labs, the research arm of networking company Alcatel-Lucent, has achieved broadband speeds of 10 gigabits per second over copper phone lines, setting a new record. The test demonstrates how existing copper networks can be used to deliver 1Gbps symmetrical broadband, according to Alcatel-Lucent.
If you want a shot at the $100K Bell Labs Prize, you'd better hurry up and put some polish on that great idea: The deadline is July 15.
The traditional method of measuring the energy consumption and CO2 emissions of ICT equipment for carbon reduction purposes may not necessarily be the best, according to researchers from University of Melbourne’s partner Centre for Energy Efficient Telecommunications, and Bell Labs.
- Smartphone dead? Fuel cells offer instant power anywhere
- Cryptocurrency software bundled with BitTorrent triggers complaints
- Apple to fill in the blanks on Monday on Watch prices, availability and more
- These CompSci programs deliver most bang for buck, report finds
- Two indicted for stealing 1 billion email addresses in historic breach
- Fastway marketing chief: Making the switch from B2B to consumer connections
- How HelloFresh's CMO uses a surprising tool to bring data closer to the business
- B2B marketers splurging on content and digital; struggling with ROI
- ADMA announces new board changes
- CMO Interview: How McDonald's is putting customer centricity back on the menu