- Layered defenses largely fail to block exploits, says NSS
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
Barracuda Networks dove into the application delivery controller market Tuesday, announcing both physical and virtual editions of a new ADC platform designed to blend the company's existing load balancing and security offerings with optimization capability.
Barracuda Networks released a new update on Monday to further mitigate a security issue that could have allowed attackers to gain unauthorized access to some of its network security appliances through backdoor accounts originally intended for remote support. The company apologized to customers for its design decisions that led to this situation and promised to look into additional ways to strengthen the remote support functionality.
A variety of networking and security appliances from Barracuda Networks contain backdoor accounts that could allow attackers to log in remotely over SSH (Secure Shell) and gain administrative, or root, access on the devices.
In the late 1990s Robert Soloway made US$20,000 a day as a spammer. He drove fancy cars. He wore Armani clothes. He was, by all accounts, one of the most successful spammers on the planet. But if he were starting out today, he'd find some other line of work.
A hacker has broken into a Barracuda Networks database and obtained names and e-mail addresses of some of the security company's employees, channel partners and sales leads.
According to the 2012 Verizon Data Breach Investigations report, 99% of breaches led to data compromise within “days” or less, whereas 85% of breaches took “weeks” or more to discover. This presents a significant challenge to security teams as it grants attackers extended periods of time within a victim’s environment. More “free time” leads to more stolen data and more digital damage. Principally, this is because today’s security measures aren’t designed to counter today’s more advanced threats. Read on.
Publisher's notes: SoftPerfect Network Protocol Analyzer is an advanced, professional tool for analyzing, debugging, maintaining and monitoring local networks and Internet connections. It captures the ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia