- The week in security: Root-certificate stuff-ups send Dell, device makers scrambling
- Hackers taget toy maker VTech, make off with customer data
- Microsoft enables potential unwanted software detection for enterprise customers
- Make sure the cloud doesn't fog up your window into network security
- ANZ mobile adoption matching world pace for Wi-Fi security management: Aruba
banks - News, Features, and Slideshows
Westpac's technology expenses grew 12 per cent in the 12 months to 30 September to $1.75 billion, the bank revealed today.
Customers of 200 financial institutions in Australia were targeted by botnets between January 2014 and March 2015 according to a new report by Dell SecureWorks.
Westpac is rolling out videoconferencing to its branches around Australia to remotely connect small businesses with financial experts at the bank’s headquarters.
Major Australian banks have made mobile payments a priority tech initiative and are in various stages of rolling out technology that lets customers pay with smartphones. Commonwealth Bank and Westpac are so far leading the pack, but ANZ Bank and National Australia Bank (NAB) say they are planning to make their own moves soon.
A Samsung Galaxy S4 is no longer required to tap and pay using the Commonwealth Bank mobile app for Android.
Suncorp Bank has revealed it will soon support contactless mobile payments on Apple iOS and Google Android devices.
St George Bank, viewed as the 'innovation hub' of Westpac, has adopted a 'mobile only' strategy, according to CIO Dhiren Kulkarni.
Australian consumers trust banks the most with mobile payments, according to a Deloitte report released today.
Leading on technology is a “life-and-death matter” for Commonwealth Bank, according to CEO Ian Narev.
Security concerns have delayed the release of Commonwealth Bank’s Android-based EFTPOS terminal, CBA executives have revealed.
Eftpos has switched on new centralised payments infrastructure that is meant to speed up the rollout of products including Eftpos online and mobile payments.
Ingogo has announced it will expand beyond cab bookings with a payment and accounting platform for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
Banks can win against the fast-growing PayPal because they are more trusted by customers, according to Bendigo and Adelaide Bank managing director, Mike Hirst.
Banks across Europe are now coping with a wave of cybercrime in which crooks are transferring funds out of customer accounts through a scam involving bypassing some two-factor authentication systems to steal large sums, according to a security firm assisting in the investigation.
Westpac’s move to supporting Android and Windows Phone devices “is another nail in the BlackBerry coffin,” according to independent telecom analyst Chris Coughlan.
- Obama and Bill Gates tout plans to double clean energy research spending
- Imagination hopes Creator board will woo IoT developers to its MIPS platform
- Microsoft's new service makes app developers out of everyday employees
- Microsoft's new premium Office 365 subscription for businesses is here
- Visa will help Swatch's not-so-smart watch make payments in US
- MCN to appoint first chief data officer as part of digital and tech-led c-suite overhaul
- From tactical overhead to strategic growth driver: B2B marketing in the digital age
- Sensis overhauls NPS framework
- 5 Adtech companies that have made the US$1bn Unicorn club
- Getting email marketing back on track: Identity Direct's story