backhaul - News, Features, and Slideshows
Optus shares concerns about the high cost of backhaul for mobile services but is not ready to take a position on opening the NBN to mobile operators for that purpose, according to Optus chief country officer Kevin Russell.
The Coalition government will consider opening the NBN network to mobile telcos for cheaper backhaul, said MP Paul Fletcher, the parliamentary secretary to the minister for communications.
Nexten Group has upgraded 12,300km of its longhaul fibre network to support 100Gbps transmission speeds, the backhaul provider said today.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) will review whether current backhaul regulations are adequate.
Nextgen Group hopes to double revenue to $600 million in five years by taking advantage of the NBN rollout and accelerating movement among businesses and government to the cloud and infrastructure-as-a-service, said Nextgen CEO Peter McGrath.
- New Vocus/Amcom entity will have initial personnel restructure
- Schneider Electric wins 2014 Platts Global Energy Award
- New undersea cable to link Australia and New Zealand
- Communications service providers will face heavy capex in coming years: Ovum
- Sony Pictures cancels Christmas day release of 'The Interview' following hacks
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Forget 2015: Bing already knows which people, products and trends will win next year
- Predictive analytics for the masses gets closer with vendor investments
- Second-screen ad synching to take off in 2015