backhaul - News, Features, and Slideshows
Optus shares concerns about the high cost of backhaul for mobile services but is not ready to take a position on opening the NBN to mobile operators for that purpose, according to Optus chief country officer Kevin Russell.
The Coalition government will consider opening the NBN network to mobile telcos for cheaper backhaul, said MP Paul Fletcher, the parliamentary secretary to the minister for communications.
Nexten Group has upgraded 12,300km of its longhaul fibre network to support 100Gbps transmission speeds, the backhaul provider said today.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) will review whether current backhaul regulations are adequate.
Nextgen Group hopes to double revenue to $600 million in five years by taking advantage of the NBN rollout and accelerating movement among businesses and government to the cloud and infrastructure-as-a-service, said Nextgen CEO Peter McGrath.
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities