- Personal data on 50,000 Uber drivers exposed in breach
- White House privacy proposal aims to give consumers control over data
- Lenovo to flush 'crapware' from its consumer PCs after Superfish sin
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, February 27
- Insurance firm Staysure fined £175,000 for 'unbelievable' credit card hack
Australian Federal Police (AFP) - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australian Federal Police (AFP) in pictures
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) and Commonwealth Bank volunteers nationwide are stepping up the fight against online bullying and child exploitation by educating parents, teachers and community members about cyber safety for kids.
If the Australian Federal Police begins to employ unmanned aerial vehicles on a more widespread basis, the organisation may stream data captured by drones directly to its network instead of keeping it on the UAV where it could be vulnerable.
INTERPOL has signed a three-year contract with Trend Micro which will see the security vendor provide resources, information and staff to the international police organisation and its 190 member countries, including Australia.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has signed formal agreements with state, territory and federal police for the reporting of online child abuse material in Australia.
Android ransomware, which displays a message that claims to be from the Australian Federal Police (AFP) and other local law enforcement authorities, has affected 6,223 Australians since May 2014, according to research by Kaspersky Lab.
- Firefox OS coming to US, developed markets in 2016
- Firefox OS to help Orange boost smartphone use in Africa
- ZTE's Grand S3 smartphone scans eyes for authentication
- MediaTek eyes new markets with $300 million startup fund
- MediaTek claims new 64-bit chip will power the fastest Android tablets on the market
- Companies don’t have policies to disrupt traditional business models: Forrester’s McQuivey
- Oppy appointed marketing chief at CUB
- Drink manufacturer Diageo pilots 'smart bottle' for Johnnie Walker Blue Label
- How Suncorp and Helloworld are driving into digital with data
- Start-up Leia to demo Star Wars-inspired hologram display technology next week