The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) will not oppose a move by Vocus Communications to acquire Nextgen Networks. The proposed deal, unveiled in June and worth approximately $861 million, also includes the still under development North West Cable System and Australia Singapore Cable.
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) - News, Features, and Slideshows
Australia’s telcos have predictably had mixed reactions to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s announcement this morning that it had launched an inquiry into domestic mobile roaming.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has launched an inquiry into whether it should regulate in-country mobile roaming, where an individual outside the coverage footprint of their ‘home’ telco uses another telco’s network to make or receive calls.
Communications Alliance should develop guidelines for retail service providers (RSPs) about making broadband performance claims, the telco industry body has argued.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission will launch a market study of the communications industry that will examine the impact on competition of changes in the sector including the National Broadband Network rollout, the growth in consumers’ bandwidth demands and the impending launch of 5G mobile services.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Check your Future Risk
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.