- Major security flaws threaten satellite communications
- Satellite communication systems rife with security flaws, vulnerable to remote hacks
- Chrome OS may kill the password with Easy Unlock smartphone option
- Hackers try to blackmail plastic surgeon after stealing 500,000 patient records
- Michaels says breach at its stores affected nearly 3M payment cards
- Galaxy S5 deep-dive review: Long on hype, short on delivery
- NBN Co hits 105Mbps in limited FTTN trial
- Telcos seek to strengthen NBN Co wholesale restrictions
- UPDATED: 4G in Australia: The state of the nation
- TPG should pay rural levy for each FTTB service: NBN Co
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has launched cyber safety videos and resources to discourage sexting and cyber bullying amongst Indigenous communities around Australia.
An investigation by the Australian Privacy Commissioner, Timothy Pilgrim, and the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has concluded that Telstra breached three National Privacy Principles (NPPs) after 15,775 phone numbers, names and home addresses contained in spreadsheets were found online via a Google search in May 2013.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has given a formal warning to Sydney-based computer and electronics retailer Penta Group for sending seven marketing emails that did not comply with the Spam Act.
Many telecom contracts may violate Australian consumer law, according to report released today by the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN).
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Spam Act, saying that it has helped reduce the amount of spam emails Australians receive.
Valuable data can be a needle in a haystack, but by leveraging the value in existing information assets, organisations can generate real and achievable gains in revenue generation, IT investments and productivity gains. This whitepaper discusses how Information Management (IM) is a multi-faceted discipline that can be employed to meet or exceed your business objectives.
Why do we continue to pay the earth for global roaming? With Telstra increasing global roaming charges by 100-500% in over 180 countries, bill shock can only get worse. This paper investigates why, what and how your company can address the need for global coverage.
- In pictures: Customer 360 Symposium hits the Hunter Valley
- Why CMOs must embrace the seven principles of agile marketing
- Google opens the floodgates for new 'social' ads
- Telefónica starts exchange for targeted mobile ads
- Crowdsource guide ranks marketing automation platforms by user recommendations and company size