Australian Bureau of Statistics - News, Features, and Slideshows
The federal government has announced it will earmark $250 million over five years to upgrade aging IT systems at the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
Big data and data generated as an 'administrative by-product' could be used by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in an effort to understand the digital economy and Australia's ICT landscape.
The number of users making purchases online is accelerating, having increased 8 percentage points from last year, according to to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
Around 12,300 new ICT jobs are expected to be available in the year to February 2013 with further growth anticipated to 2015 unless Australia enters a minimum two year recession, according to data from the Australian Computer Society.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) is ramping up for a massive change to its use of data standards, with plans to move to open source formats from next year.
- Raiders change strip to support cancer research
- Chromebook sales up 27 per cent to 7.3 million units: Gartner
- Federal Government foreshadows changes to spectrum pricing and allocation
- Seventy per cent of Australian small businesses predict growth in year ahead
- OWASP releases new security standards for app developers
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door
- The old billboard gets the flick as digital OOH advertising takes over
- Ad tech vendors offer new capabilities for customer targeting
- Markets to Metrics: The changing role of the CMO
- How Tesco's loyalty card transformed customer data tracking