The Australian Bureau of Statistics says it accepted assurances from IBM that measures to deal with denial of service attacks targeting the 2016 Census were adequate.
Australian Bureau of Statistics - News, Features, and Slideshows
Although the government’s review of the problems surrounding the online 2016 Census is yet to be released, the person leading the review, Alastair MacGibbon, has provided a new, concise rundown of the events of Census night.
The Community and Public Sector Union has defended the professionalism of staff at the Australian Bureau of Statistics who worked on the 2016 Census, linking the problems with this year’s Census to funding cuts and inadequate resources at the agency.
The Coalition and Labor have used their numbers in the Senate to defeat a motion seeking to prevent people from being fined for not participating in this year’s Census.
A review into the conduct of the 2016 Census led by the government’s cyber security advisor, Alastair MacGibbon, is expected to be completed by the end of September.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Check your Future Risk
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today