Austar - News, Features, and Slideshows
Optus chief Paul O’Sullivan has used his address at CeBIT 2011 in Sydney to call for a new wave of regulatory reform aimed at ensuring the number two telco is not locked out of the next mobility boom: content and applications.
Foxtel has made a conditional takeover offer for Austar (ASX:AUN) worth $2.5 billion including debt, ending months of speculation.
Subscription TV and telecom service provider, Austar (ASX:AUN), has denied claims that major shareholder Liberty Global had settled on a price for its majority stake in the company that would value it at $1.9 billion.
Regional pay television operator, Austar (ASX:AUN), is developing a cross-platform user interface that could aggregate and beam content to multiple devices simultaneously, in an effort to maintain the company’s viability under the National Broadband Network (NBN).
Satellite television services provider Austar (ASX:AUN) has acknowledged speculation that its larger rival, Foxtel, is mulling a takeover.
Telstra’s stake in the Foxtel pay television network has been a major inhibitor to the growth of broadband in Australia according to John Porter, CEO at pay television provider Austar.
- Google to widen Maps' offline features
- Annual WITI Summit taps into awareness, frustration over lack of women in IT
- Google targets online wannabes with offline maps and lightweight browsers
- College kids to the rescue with IT support startup HelloTech
- IDC forecasts drop in PC and tablet shipments this year