auscert - News, Features, and Slideshows
auscert in pictures
Activists in countries such as Syria, Vietnam and Ethiopia are under online attack online from their governments for expressing dissident opinions according to research by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
The Academic and Research Network (AARNet) and AusCERT have begun offering members in the research and education sector a range of discounted networking, consulting and cyber security services.
The leaks by whistleblower Edward Snowden about the United States National Security Agency (NSA)’s spying activities has highlighted that consumers need to take a more serious approach to online security, according to Princeton University's professor of computer science and public affairs, Edward Felten
The results of a cyber law enforcement challenge issued by the Australian and New Zealand police community will be announced during the AusCERT security conference on 14 May at the Gold Coast.
Long-term remote sensing of North Korea using satellite images has helped overseas researchers build up a profile of the country including food production and military installations.
The National Broadband Network (NBN) could prove to be a best friend to cyber criminals, according to the head of the Australia's National Computer Emergency Response Team (AusCERT).
- Outsourced datacentre market grows on the back of the Cloud
- Microsoft pledges $US500k to Australian non-profits
- Microsoft APC 2015: Women in IT Panel - Quotas, meritocracy and the diversity dividend
- NEC facial recognition helps NT police fight crime
- Tech companies perform strongly in BRW’s best places to work
- NT cops use facial recognition to fight crime
- Verizon to introduce SDN security feature later this month
- LTE is making a full-court press for the Internet of Things
- Indian woman allegedly raped by Uber driver withdraws suit
- Mozilla updates its Thimble online code editor to help teach Web programming
- CMO Interview: Unleashed's Anthony Mordech on the software marketing evolution
- Bank of Queensland: Digital transformation of banking is in its infancy
- Myer targets customers through digital and data in $600m transformation agenda
- Economist: Why it's time to re-think marketing in a customer-led economy
- Why brands are using Marketo to leverage digital transformation