The Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) took the media on a tour of its Australian Liquidity Centre data centre in Gore Hill, Sydney. The ALC provides co-location services and data centre space to customers, allowing them to place trading equipment in cabinets within the same facility as the ASX and the ASX 24 primary matching engines.
ASX - News, Features, and Slideshows
ASX in pictures
Freelancer Limited – the Australian company behind online services marketplace Freelancer.com and payments business Escrow.com – has announced a record net revenue of $26.2m for the first half of 2016, up 56 per cent on the same period in 2015.
A shake-up of National Australia Bank's organisational structure has resulted in the departure of its most senior technology executive.
The ASX and rival exchange Chi-X have both received the tick of approval from the Australian Securities and Investments Commission after the financial watchdog conducted its first formal ‘cyber resilience’ assessments since the release in 2015 of ASIC’s security health check framework for regulated organisations.
Recently the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) bought a $15 million stake in Digital Asset Holdings, a developer of blockchain technology. One of the main reasons is to upgrade its share registry system by using blockchain or distributed ledger technology.
ASX Limited has acquired a 5 per cent equity interest in New York-headquartered Digital Asset Holdings, a company that specialises in developing blockchain-style distributed ledgers.
In this final part of Computerworld's series on technological innovations shaping Australian farming, the founding director of Efficient Farming sheds light on how the concept of building an online community for the farming community was born.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs