Former Federal Court of Australia Judge Margaret Stone has been appointed Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security.
ASIO - News, Features, and Slideshows
ASIO breached laws governing telecommunications intercepts on nine occasions in the 12-month reporting period ended June 2014, according to a report released by the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security (IGIS).
Attorney-general George Brandis has said that the government has not overreached with its national security laws and that it has crafted an “appropriate legislative response to the current threat” of terrorism
Greens MP Adam Bandt will be seeking to amend a number of controversial provisions in the National Security Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2014, including a measure that could potentially allow ASIO to monitor an unlimited number of devices using a single computer access warrant
The Senate has rejected an attempt by the Greens to impose a limit on the number of devices that can be covered by a single computer access warrant obtained by ASIO.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Check your Future Risk
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is