- Farmers shut out of online services by new identity scheme
- Facebook says you can be social and secure, acquires .onion address for Tor users
- Swedish hacker finds 'serious' vulnerability in OS X Yosemite
- Court rules cops can demand fingerprints, not passcodes, to unlock smartphones
- Twitter's MoPub ad exchange grabs Verizon tracking cookies, and more may follow
asia pacific - News, Features, and Slideshows
Telstra has upgraded multiple submarine cables in the Asia-Pacific region as part of the telco’s strategic focus on the Asian market.
Australia leads other countries in the Asia Pacific on cloud adoption, according to F5 senior director, Mohan Veloo. But most companies are keeping their critical data on premise, he told Computerworld Australia at the F5 Agility Forum on the Sunshine Coast.
The NSW government is keen to promote Sydney as an Asia-Pacific digital hub. The government used CeBIT to launch the initiative — a showreel will showcase NSW digital strengths during CeBIT Australia, the Vivid Festival and globally.
The Asia-Pacific is proving a gold mine for IBM with the region again achieving the highest revenue growth as the company posted its 2010 second quarter results.
Mobile payment technology continues to rapidly gain ground around the world, with Gartner Inc. projecting 55% more mobile payment users this year than in 2009.