HP is in talks to purchase Aruba Networks, with an eye toward acquiring that company's wireless networking infrastructure technology, according to a report published by Bloomberg News.</a>
aruba - News, Features, and Slideshows
Revenues for wireless LAN products dropped 7% in Q1 2013 compared to the previous quarter. The drop in part is due to buyers delaying purchases as they wait for new WLAN products based on the so-called "Gigabit Wi-Fi" standard, IEEE 802.11ac, according to Infonetics Research.
Aruba Networks yesterday reported third quarter results, with revenues increasing by 8% to $45.8 million compared to $42.6 million a year ago.
Aruba Networks Tuesday showed off a new family of low-priced wireless LAN access points and controllers designed for fast setup and easy management at branch offices, teleworkers' home offices and small businesses.
On the day the Dow Jones Industrial Average continued its fall, by another 455 points, WLAN vendor Aruba Networks reported record first quarter revenues, but also a much higher net loss compared to a year ago.
In a recent interview, HP Enterprise CEO Meg Whitman discusses her firm's RD strategy and how it differentiates itself from other IT vendors in areas including cloud computing and hyper-converged infrastructure, among others. She also talks about HP's image problem.
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.