HP is in talks to purchase Aruba Networks, with an eye toward acquiring that company's wireless networking infrastructure technology, according to a report published by Bloomberg News.</a>
aruba - News, Features, and Slideshows
Revenues for wireless LAN products dropped 7% in Q1 2013 compared to the previous quarter. The drop in part is due to buyers delaying purchases as they wait for new WLAN products based on the so-called "Gigabit Wi-Fi" standard, IEEE 802.11ac, according to Infonetics Research.
Aruba Networks yesterday reported third quarter results, with revenues increasing by 8% to $45.8 million compared to $42.6 million a year ago.
Aruba Networks Tuesday showed off a new family of low-priced wireless LAN access points and controllers designed for fast setup and easy management at branch offices, teleworkers' home offices and small businesses.
On the day the Dow Jones Industrial Average continued its fall, by another 455 points, WLAN vendor Aruba Networks reported record first quarter revenues, but also a much higher net loss compared to a year ago.
In a recent interview, HP Enterprise CEO Meg Whitman discusses her firm's RD strategy and how it differentiates itself from other IT vendors in areas including cloud computing and hyper-converged infrastructure, among others. She also talks about HP's image problem.
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.