Apple watch - News, Features, and Slideshows
Apple watch in pictures
Going through withdrawal over the sudden drop-off in Apple iPhone 6 and iWatch (now formally Apple Watch) scuttlebutt that has sustained us over the past year? Laugh it off with these mostly safe for work parody and comedy videos.
Here you’ll find a detailed recap of some of the cooler and most important new products and services Apple announced yesterday.
If Apple launched its Apple Watch today, between four and six out of every 10 iPhone owners would be able to use the smartwatch, according to statistics from Kantar Worldpanel Comtech and an app analytics firm.
Apple certainly had a lot to announce and preview during its almost-two-hour media event for the launch of the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, which included not only new phones but the company's new mobile payments system known as Apple Pay and the first preview of the Apple Watch -- set to debut sometime early next year.
Apple has finally added near field communications (NFC) capabilities with its latest iPhone 6, which is likely to be a tipping point for increased uptake of mobile payment technology, says Telsyte analyst Rodney Gedda.
Apple's Tim Cook has kicked back against critics with new iPhones, the Apple Watch and future big business, Apple Pay, but there are some questions for Apple fans:
- IT pros should pay attention to 'shadow IT,' Interop NY keynoters urge
- Don't laugh: Jimmy Kimmel Most Dangerous Cyber Celebrity of 2014
- After a long road to the server market, ARM CEO Segars looks ahead
- FCC: Some TV stations could earn huge dollars in spectrum auction
- Hurry! Wait! Go! Joomla stumbles with patch for serious vulnerability
- Marketo launches digital marketing research institute; agency partner program
- How CMOs can make big data relevant to the sales team
- CPA Australia outlines 7-step personalisation strategy for digital engagement
- Digital agencies — brand custodians?
- Australian social ad spend to hit $706.3m in five years: Forrester