- Farmers shut out of online services by new identity scheme
- Facebook says you can be social and secure, acquires .onion address for Tor users
- Swedish hacker finds 'serious' vulnerability in OS X Yosemite
- Court rules cops can demand fingerprints, not passcodes, to unlock smartphones
- Twitter's MoPub ad exchange grabs Verizon tracking cookies, and more may follow
Apple iPad Mini - News, Features, and Slideshows
Apple iPad Mini in pictures
Apple Tuesday announced its "biggest step" with its tablet line, but took only about 20 minutes out of its hour-plus presentation to do it: a years-in-the-making slimmed down version of the 9.7-inch iPad, now dubbed iPad Air, and a high-resolution display for the 7.9-inch iPad mini. The biggest shock: a $70 price increase for the smaller tablet, to $399.
Telstra, Optus and Vodafone will sell Apple's Wi-Fi + Cellular iPad mini in "the coming weeks", while the latest 4th Generation iPad is available through all three carriers now, it was announced today.
Apple's iPad mini went on sale across Australia this morning. We were at the flagship Sydney store to capture the first sales.
You won't be able to get your hands on Apple's iPad mini until Friday, but US and European based reviews of the newest, smallest iPad have begun to trickle through today. Let's take a look.
The first slew of brief "hands on" experiences with the iPad mini - by reporters and bloggers at Apple's unveiling - give high marks to the smaller tablet for build quality, lightness, display and performance.