- Despite shocks, organisations still not making security a continuous process: Bussiere
- Analysis skills lacking as security data piles up, consultant warns
- Virtual servers still face real security threats
- Is Bring Your Own Identity a security risk or advantage?
- Insecure Connections: Enterprises hacked after neglecting third-party risks
apache - News, Features, and Slideshows
A new malware program that functions as a module for the Apache and Nginx Web servers is being sold on cybercrime forums, according to researchers from security firm IntelCrawler.
In its new role as steward of the OpenOffice.org open source office suite, the Apache Software Foundation expects to offer an Apache-branded version of the package for developers in 2012. Apache also is carefully guarding its trademarks.
The Apache Software Foundation's enterprise Java Apache Tomcat stack has obtained certification as compatible with the official Java EE (Enterprise Edition) 6 Web Profile specification, Apache said this week.
Citing inactivity on the project, the Apache Software Foundation has retired the open source Apache Excalibur project, which provided a Java Inversion of Control container and reusable components, Apache said on Friday.
Yahoo is discontinuing its distribution of the Hadoop platform and will instead focus on Apache Hadoop, the Hadoop Team at Yahoo said this week.
People all over the world spend a total of eight billion minutes a day on Facebook. Some 3.5 billion pieces of content are shared every week, 400 billion Web pages are viewed every month and the site logs a staggering 25TB of data every day. David Recordon, senior open programs manager at Facebook, talks about how the social networking giant uses open source tools to achieve its massive app scalablilty.
- Newcastle Council deploys TechnologyOne enterprise solution
- Vodafone re-allocates 850MHz 4G spectrum a week after Telstra and Optus 700MHz launch
- Sitecore tackles Western Australia with Velrada partnership
- Email to make way for automation: KPMG
- Huawei targets European football clubs with FanPlay partnership
- Scott Brinker: Technology is now as much a part of marketing as creative
- Rip Curl rides wearable wave with smartwatch for surfers
- Defending Facebook, OkCupid says it also runs user-behavior tests
- JC Penney: Finding the right customer engagement strategy
- Brands demonstrate a hotchpotch of IT/marketing relationships