apache - News, Features, and Slideshows
A new malware program that functions as a module for the Apache and Nginx Web servers is being sold on cybercrime forums, according to researchers from security firm IntelCrawler.
In its new role as steward of the OpenOffice.org open source office suite, the Apache Software Foundation expects to offer an Apache-branded version of the package for developers in 2012. Apache also is carefully guarding its trademarks.
The Apache Software Foundation's enterprise Java Apache Tomcat stack has obtained certification as compatible with the official Java EE (Enterprise Edition) 6 Web Profile specification, Apache said this week.
Citing inactivity on the project, the Apache Software Foundation has retired the open source Apache Excalibur project, which provided a Java Inversion of Control container and reusable components, Apache said on Friday.
Yahoo is discontinuing its distribution of the Hadoop platform and will instead focus on Apache Hadoop, the Hadoop Team at Yahoo said this week.
People all over the world spend a total of eight billion minutes a day on Facebook. Some 3.5 billion pieces of content are shared every week, 400 billion Web pages are viewed every month and the site logs a staggering 25TB of data every day. David Recordon, senior open programs manager at Facebook, talks about how the social networking giant uses open source tools to achieve its massive app scalablilty.
- Exclusive Networks APAC posts bumper growth in first quarter
- Ingram Micro launches professional and training services for Aussie resellers
- Symantec's Holtzhausen to head Veritas channel business across APJ
- Barracuda and Aerohive partner for BYOD security
- Cloud back-up is vital for reseller and MSP profitability: CloudBerry Lab
- Why optimisation is the name of the game at First
- Video, mobile show strong growth in IAB's Q1 online advertising report
- Twitter offers marketers objective-based advertising programs
- Coming to Firefox: Ads based on your browsing history
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door