animal logic - News, Features, and Slideshows
Managing the storage needed for 3D movies such as <i>The Great Gatsby</i> is all part of a day’s work for Alex Timbs.
While it only takes two hours for movie goers to watch the latest computer generated image (CGI) film, <i>Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole</i>, few would appreciate that what is flashing by in rich 3D took some three years to put together.
Only one Australian supercomputer has made it onto a list of the Top 500 announced at the SC09 forum in US this week.
- NIST sets the stage for contactless fingerprint readers
- MainOne's MDX-i taps Azure to offer cloud services in West Africa
- Auction house puts pristine 39-year-old Apple-1 on the block
- CISA likely coming back to Senate, amid doubts about effectiveness
- Review: Office 2016 for Mac offers a new interface and better features
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC