- Sony cancels 'The Interview' release after threats following cyberattack
- ‘Backdoor’ may be on 10m Coolpad Android smartphones
- Forensic software gets around iCloud security features
- Obama pushes for net neutrality, opposes data localization in trade pact
- New ransomware avoids hitting the same victim twice
Android tablets - News, Features, and Slideshows
Nokia is once again developing mobile devices, and this time the company is using Android. The N1 tablet has a high-resolution 7.9-inch screen and a 5-megapixel front camera.
Fast-rising smartphone maker Xiaomi has quickly become one of China's biggest tablet makers as well, but Apple is still holding steady as the country's top vendor, according to new data.
Lenovo's Android-based Yoga Tablet 2 Pro, which ultra high-resolution 13-inch screen and an integrated projector, will be out at the end of the month.
The U.S. International Trade Commission, the country's top trade court, is launching an investigation into allegations by Nvidia that several Samsung cellphones and tablet PCs contain graphics technology that infringes on its patents.
Amazon.com is providing more bang-for-the-buck with four new Fire tablets, with prices starting as low as US$99 for a Fire HD with a 6-inch screen.
Intel has teamed with Indian education startup Metis Learning on an Android tablet that aims to keep children away from violent TV content and games on their parents' smartphones.
Using a tablet to make a phone call may sound unorthodox. But in Asia's emerging markets, vendors are increasingly shipping 7-inch tablets with voice call functions, according to research firm IDC.
The 'little rice' that could
Google has released a new version of Play Services that opens the door to more smartwatch apps and cooler games.
As if there weren't enough Android tablets with 10-inch screens on the market to make choosing one over the others an already difficult task, Samsung Electronics has thrown another option into the ring with the Galaxy Tab S 10.5.
Samsung is banking on the high-resolution Super AMOLED screens on its Galaxy Tab S tablets, which also weigh less than Apple's latest iPads, to help it maintain momentum in a tough market.
Small Chinese tablet makers continue to experiment with dual-boot tablets running Windows or Android, a market that big device makers have shied from.
If you want a higher-end Android tablet than can rival the iPad mini, take a look at Acer's Iconia Tab 8, set to arrive in the third quarter. We checked one out ahead of Computex in Taipei on Saturday and came away reasonably impressed with a device that incorporates some more cutting-edge specs but will retail for just €199 (US$270).
Taiwanese PC maker Acer is rolling out an 8-inch Android tablet, set to arrive in the third quarter.
Following up on a jury verdict, Apple has asked a court in California to order Samsung Electronics to stop using features that were found to infringe three of its patents.
- New Vocus/Amcom entity will have initial personnel restructure
- Schneider Electric wins 2014 Platts Global Energy Award
- New undersea cable to link Australia and New Zealand
- Communications service providers will face heavy capex in coming years: Ovum
- Sony Pictures cancels Christmas day release of 'The Interview' following hacks
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Forget 2015: Bing already knows which people, products and trends will win next year
- Predictive analytics for the masses gets closer with vendor investments
- Second-screen ad synching to take off in 2015