- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- White-hat hackers key to securing connected cars
- Roses are red, violets are blue, hand over your cash or I promise we're through
- Heightened security threat could follow Dallas Buyers Club anti-piracy defeat
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
Amazon Web Services - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services in pictures
A recent Gartner report finds that technology vendors are over-inflating the revenues they report for cloud sales by lumping in non-cloud technologies, making it confusing for users to judge the strength of a vendor’s financial health and difficult to make comparisons between vendors.
A working group made up of 10 Fortune 500 customers is urging for easier interoperability between public and private clouds.
An analyst at Morgan Stanley reading the tea leaves of recent financial disclosures from Apple predicts that the company could be transitioning away from using Amazon Web Service’s Cloud, which if true could represent blow to the leading IaaS Cloud vendor.
Amazon's stock dropped in after hours trading after analysts were disappointed by the company's earnings; but the strong performance of the company's Amazon Web Services cloud unit actually boosted profits. If Amazon didn't have AWS, the earnings report would have been much more ugly for the company.
Annapurna Labs Inc., a company quietly bought by Amazon last year, announced this week that it will expand its efforts to sell chips for use in next-generation WiFi and Internet of Things devices.
If you avoid some gotchas and keep a close eye on resource usage, you can have a handy server in the Amazon cloud for free
Despite public cloud being as popular as ever, questions like, ‘is it more secure than my data center?’ still remain. Here are five tips from Amazon’s own best security practices.
Google Cloud Platform is in the unique position of being considered one of the big three IaaS vendors, but at the same time almost always seen as being the third-best option behind AWS and Microsoft. As the new head of Google’s cloud, VMware co-founder Diange Greene is now charged with doing what she did at VMware: Take a ground breaking niche technology and turning it into the must-have enterprise product. But it will not be easy.
The best way to stay on top of the fast-changing IaaS cloud market is through training and certification. Below are 10 of the top IaaS cloud computing certifications available.
A list of leading cloud, storage and virtualization companies are backing a new effort named the Open Container Project, which aims to create a set of standards for the fast-growing technology.
Although the video has been up for awhile, if you haven't had the chance to watch Amazon Web Service's VP & Distinguished Engineer James Hamilton spell out AWS facts at the re:Invent conference last November, do yourself a favor and pull up a chair. Fascinating stuff that gives you some insight into the rapidly evolving world of cloud computing.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- Forrester: Marketers using an average of 5 social channels for marketing
- Innovation challenge results in new customer ordering app prototype for Village Cinemas
- CMO interview: The new digital travel experience
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 11 February
- Cronulla Sharks tackles marketing automation