Unicorns are all the rage these days, and we're not talking about the ones in fantasy stories or on your kids' bedspreads. The unicorns that people at events like last week's <a href="http://tiestartupcon.com/">TIE Startup Con</a> (formerly TIEcon East) are agog over are private companies with valuations of $1 billion or more, such as co-working office space provider <a href="https://www.wework.com/">WeWork</a> and data virtualization company <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2216568/security/actifio-debuts--introduces-new-data-protection-applications.html">Actifio</a>, whose founders talked shop during the opening panel at the Cambridge, Mass., get-together for entrepreneurs and investors.
Actifio - News, Features, and Slideshows
Organisations are creating so much data that some do not know how much they have or how quickly it is growing, according to Actifio.
Sydney-based law firm Henry Davis York (HDY) has forecast savings of $450,000 over the next four years following the introduction of a new backup system.
SAI Global (ASX:SAI) has improved disaster recovery and simplified backups since the introduction of data de-duplication technology at the end of last year.
All that new data flowing into enterprises can bring along an expensive partner: multiple copies.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join ME Bank, Deutsche Bank and Proofpoint (USA) speakers for a discussion on banking trojans. Register now
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Hear from International Tom Corn on the future of security virtualisation | 28th July 2016 Victoria