- Patreon donor details apparently spilled after massive hack
- After Kmart, David Jones confirms hack too. Un-patched IBM WebSphere to blame?
- This vigilante virus protects you against malware attacks, quotes Richard Stallman
- OAIC welcomes Kmart Australia breach notification after customer data hack
- Execs blame security breaches on user behaviour, executive leadership: CyberArk
Actifio - News, Features, and Slideshows
Unicorns are all the rage these days, and we're not talking about the ones in fantasy stories or on your kids' bedspreads. The unicorns that people at events like last week's <a href="http://tiestartupcon.com/">TIE Startup Con</a> (formerly TIEcon East) are agog over are private companies with valuations of $1 billion or more, such as co-working office space provider <a href="https://www.wework.com/">WeWork</a> and data virtualization company <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2216568/security/actifio-debuts--introduces-new-data-protection-applications.html">Actifio</a>, whose founders talked shop during the opening panel at the Cambridge, Mass., get-together for entrepreneurs and investors.
Organisations are creating so much data that some do not know how much they have or how quickly it is growing, according to Actifio.
Sydney-based law firm Henry Davis York (HDY) has forecast savings of $450,000 over the next four years following the introduction of a new backup system.
SAI Global (ASX:SAI) has improved disaster recovery and simplified backups since the introduction of data de-duplication technology at the end of last year.
All that new data flowing into enterprises can bring along an expensive partner: multiple copies.
- Microsoft acknowledges Office 2016-El Capitan crashes but lacks ETA for fix
- Scottrade had no idea about data breach until the feds showed up
- How News Corp is uniting 10 business units and 25,000 employees in a global IT push
- Microsoft slashes value of Office 2016 upgrade offer
- Good-bye, Google as we know it. Hello, Alphabet
- OgilvyVentures: Finding an alternative way to innovate
- Bigcommerce joins ranks behind new Twitter Buy Now button
- Report: Customer values and data-driven insights drive revenue growth
- How eHarmony’s date with data has lifted customer conversions
- Why marketing analytics is not about ROI calculation, but innovation