The Gillard government’s treasurer, Wayne Swan, has indicated in the Mid-Year Economic and Fiscal Outlook (MYEFO) that there will be a 20 per cent cut in capital expenditure for government agencies with IT projects worth less than $10 million under the knife.
Some $8 billion worth of additional data centre facilities will be needed if Australia is going to have a sustainable IT economy in the future, according to analyst firm IDC Australia
The Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) has outlined potential plans to consolidate the number of ICT services panels across the Federal Government from 87 to four through a proposed whole-of-government ICT services panel.
Despite recommendations outlined in the 2008 Gershon report to cut back on ICT spending, the Federal Government’s ICT market peaked at $5 billion in 2008-09, with recently released data indicating it has returned to normal levels in 2009-10.
The Attorney-General’s Department has mandated eligible Federal Government agencies provide software developers and independent software vendors with first rights to intellectual property (IP) for software developed under contract from 1 October.
Integrated Computing Platforms, such as EMC VSPEX RAs, provide a solution by eliminating the time (and cost) of designing, testing, and engineering integrated environments with components built independently of one another. These validated architectures are ready for production environments upon delivery, and offer a single point of support should IT require it. Learn more on how a leading IT vendor has aligned product innovation with an IT market need to improve efficiency, performance, and value for SMBs.
HandBrake is an opensource tool that allows you to backup your DVDs so that you can store and watch them on your computer. Features include: ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia