- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- White-hat hackers key to securing connected cars
- Roses are red, violets are blue, hand over your cash or I promise we're through
- Heightened security threat could follow Dallas Buyers Club anti-piracy defeat
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
4g - News, Features, and Slideshows
Most of the excitement at Mobile World Congress this month will be about 5G, which won't officially exist until 2020. But vendors will also be showing off new ways to speed up the 3G and 4G networks most people are using today.
Cheepie and Marlborough in Queensland along with Denillquin in NSW will get increased 3G and 4G coverage from Telstra as part of the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
Telstra has neared speeds of 1 gigabit per second in mobile speed tests, the telco has revealed.
Telstra announced today that it had progressively begin enabling voice over LTE (VoLTE) across its network.
Optus has switched on tri-band carrier aggregation in Melbourne's CBD, the telco announced this morning.
Vodafone Australia CEO Iñaki Berroeta has reiterated the telco's call for a thoroughgoing overhaul of Australia's Universal Service Obligation scheme.
Optus has switched on tri-band carrier aggregation in suburbs of Newcastle, NSW. The telco revealed it had achieved speeds of up to 317 megabits per second using a combination of 1xFDD + 2xTDD channels on the 2300MHz and 1800MHz spectrum bands.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will decide this week which mobile carriers will control billions of dollars worth of prime wireless spectrum scheduled to be auctioned next year.
Optus will shut down its 2G network in April 2017, the telco revealed today.
Telstra has released a 4G mobile broadband hotspot intended for use in cars.
Telstra CEO Andy Penn has used a Committee for Economic Development of Australia (CEDA) event to announce a boost to the telco’s spending on its mobile network.
Vodafone's new Ericsson-designed network is now being used for all 4G data by the telco's customers.
TracFone, a major provider of prepaid mobile phone service, must keep its promise to let customers unlock their devices and transfer service to competing carriers, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission said.
Finnish company Uros has launched an LTE version of its wireless hotspot that can be equipped with 10 SIM cards to make roaming abroad easier.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- Forrester: Marketers using an average of 5 social channels for marketing
- Innovation challenge results in new customer ordering app prototype for Village Cinemas
- CMO interview: The new digital travel experience
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 11 February
- Cronulla Sharks tackles marketing automation