Analysts have pointed to TPG’s bid for wireless spectrum as one of the most interesting developments in the Digital Dividend auction.
2.5GHz - News, Features, and Slideshows
The government failed to sell one-third of the 700MHz spectrum—worth $1 billion—that was up for sale in the Digital Dividend auction. Total revenue for the auction made from 700MHz and 2.5GHz spectrum was $1.96 billion, below the government's expectations.
A portion of the waterfront 700MHz spectrum in Tuesday’s Digital Dividend auction could go unsold despite aggressive bidding expected from Telstra, according to mobile industry analysts.
Bidding in next week’s Digital Dividend auction is crucial for Telstra and SingTel Optus to stay competitive even though it is likely to negatively impact their credit ratings, according to a financial analyst at Moody’s.
The 2.5GHz spectrum to be sold in the upcoming Digital Dividend auction will be critical to bolstering data capacity for 4G service in urban areas, according to the wireless industry and auction observers.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.