- Users smallest source of concern despite causing most security breaches: CompTIA
- Security Watch: SecurEnvoy partners with Connector Systems in new distro deal
- Verizon subscribers can now opt out of 'supercookies'
- Police investigations threatened as metadata retention feeds telephony diaspora
- New malware program used in attacks against energy sector companies
000 - News, Features, and Slideshows
People dialing 000 from a mobile phone in an emergency will now automatically transmit their current location.
It’s time for the Triple Zero emergency phone number to accept more than voice calls, according to industry and consumer advocates who made submissions to the review of the national Triple Zero (000) operator.
The Australian government seeks to enhance the Triple Zero emergency service to bring it up to date with modern communications technology and move it beyond the existing voice-only service.
The government has proposed requiring access to triple-zero emergency services on satellite phones.
People with hearing or speech disabilities will soon be able to contact triple-0 emergency services through SMS messaging on mobile phones, the government has announced.