- Tip of the Hat: Heartbleed prompts chastened tech giants to fund OpenSSL
- 'Francophoned' cybertheft operation reportedly back in action
- In Heartbleed's wake, tech titans launch fund for crucial open-source projects
- UK businesses fail to prepare for upcoming changes to EU data laws
- Criminals have noticed the cloud: attacks on providers on the rise
In Pictures: 10 most successful open source projects of 2012
It's that time when we look back at the year that was and speculate about what's in store for the next. This is my list of the top open source success stories for 2012.