- Regional privacy authorities may use data-sharing 'white lists' to boost enforcement
- The week in security: Microsoft fights NSA as shadow IT bites business
- Information Commissioner received no eHealth privacy complaints in 2012-13
- US tech companies ask governments to reform surveillance practices
- Public sector fails to tackle £20.6bn a year fraud using big data
In Pictures: 80 Mbytes of storage for under $12K! and other IT ad favorites through the years
Elvira hawking development software, a computer with "briefcase portability," the cure for COBOLitis... Advertisements published in Computerworld since 1967 have promised all this and more. Here are 10 of the most entertaining IT ads from the archives for our 45th anniversary.
- Apple knows where shoppers are in its stores with nationwide iBeacon rollout
- Should Facebook, Yahoo and Twitter really judge what's news?
- Distracted consumers spend less time on social than email marketing: Report
- New report busts myths about millennials and their digital and social behaviour
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices