- Retailers warned to act now to protect against Backoff malware
- Vulnerabilities on the decline, but risk assessment is often flawed, study says says
- Kenneth van Wyk: Why do we keep relearning the same security lessons again and again?
- New malvertising campaign hit visitors of several high-profile sites
- Enthusiast developer keeps Windows XP alive with unofficial 'Service Pack 4'
In Pictures: 15 hot Windows 8 hybrid notebooks and tablets
Microsoft's Windows 8 launch on October 26 is nearly here, and new device announcements are coming so fast you need a scorecard to keep up. One of the big themes with this touch-centric Windows release is touchscreens on everything including Ultrabooks, tablets with keyboard docks, or new all-in-one convertible PCs. Some critics aren't buying the hybrid device craze that Windows 8 is inspiring, but if you ever wanted to a touch-enabled laptop, there's never been a better time to buy.