- Meet Bleep, BitTorrent's invite-only serverless chat app
- No patch yet for zero day in Symantec Endpoint Protection software driver
- Tor hints at possible U.S. government involvement in recent attack
- Internet of Things devices contain high number of vulnerabilities, study finds
- Antivirus products riddled with security flaws, researcher says
In Pictures: 15 hot Windows 8 hybrid notebooks and tablets
Microsoft's Windows 8 launch on October 26 is nearly here, and new device announcements are coming so fast you need a scorecard to keep up. One of the big themes with this touch-centric Windows release is touchscreens on everything including Ultrabooks, tablets with keyboard docks, or new all-in-one convertible PCs. Some critics aren't buying the hybrid device craze that Windows 8 is inspiring, but if you ever wanted to a touch-enabled laptop, there's never been a better time to buy.