- Syrian Electronic Army posts hacking message on several news sites
- Over 23,000 Web servers infected with CryptoPHP backdoor
- Siemens patches critical SCADA flaws likely exploited in recent attacks
- Cheap Android tablets riddled with security flaws, test finds
- UK security sector warned over risk of selling to oppressive regimes
Virtualisation » Case studies »
Not so long ago, if Underwriters Laboratories needed to add three additional servers worth of computing power in three weeks, the company just bought three new units, says Kent Walker, manager of computer operations for UL. With more time for capacity analysis - which is both labor and time-intensive - Walker might be able to shift resources around and stave off the purchase. But when the need is immediate, there's no time for that.