- Silk Road paid thousands in shake-downs from malicious hackers
- Codacy observes 1.4bn costly coding errors as developers feel the strain
- EU air passenger database about to take flight, but critics want it grounded
- Canadian agency reported to be monitoring millions of downloads
- Twenty-eight percent of security spending wasted on shelfware
Virtualisation News, Features, and Interviews
U.S. lawmakers should put strict privacy controls into planned legislation to encourage companies to share cyberthreat information with government agencies and each other, some advocates said.
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) has become a standard consideration for even the largest companies, but the tools IT teams have traditionally used for application performance monitoring aren't designed for these online tools. IT needs another way to make sure SaaS applications such as Salesforce.com are working properly.
Amazon Web Services today launched a new product to its expansive service catalog in the cloud: WorkMail is a hosted email platform for enterprises.
The head of IBM's SoftLayer cloud services business has left the company, hard on the heels of IBM naming another executive to lead a new cloud division.
Microsoft has launched an Albums feature for organizing photos stored on its OneDrive cloud service, bringing it one step closer to parity with competitors Dropbox and Google.
Big Switch Networks this week rolled out a new release of its cloud fabric software, which includes support for VMware vSphere environments and Dell switches, among other features.
A streaming analytics engine developed by Microsoft Research is giving advertisers on the company's Bing Web search service more timely analysis on how their ad campaigns are faring, according to the company.
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
Cloud sync-and-share company Dropbox, never one to shy away from an acquisition, has snapped up startup Pixelapse, which provides a GitHub-like version control service for "tens of thousands" of visual designers. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
The software and expanded Cloud strategy Cisco is announcing this week is an attempt to leverage the company's installed hardware base while addressing the software centrism sweeping the industry.
- Baskin-Robbins overhauls agency line-up, plots digital customer loyalty program
- Digital disruption isn’t disruption anymore: Why it’s time to refocus your business
- CEO survey: Digital technology for customer engagement and data provides big business value
- Snapchat and Twitter violate each other's personal space
- Personalisation drives Colliers International website overhaul