63% of LOBs expected growth of third-party tech services, while increased spending on enterprise IT services is anticipated by 65% of CIOs
Telecommunications News, Features, and Interviews
A 2300 kilometre undersea cable system connecting Australia and New Zealand across the Tasman Sea will commence construction in early 2015.
Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) will acquire the remaining 90 per cent of shares in Amcom Telecommunications (ASX: AMM), the company announced today following an ASX trading halt.
The telecom industry has disputed the notion that the government’s proposed data retention regime will not create significant additional costs for the industry.
Telstra (ASX: TLS) has confirmed in a statement to the ASX that it is in discussions with the owners of undersea cable operator, Pacnet, about potentially acquiring the company.
Telstra will provide mobile connectivity for the new Tesla Motors electric car, the Model S, the telco has revealed.
Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) and Amcom Telecommunications (ASX: AMM) have both entered trading halts on the ASX today. The halt is in place as the two companies prepare to make an announcement about a proposal made to Amcom in October 2014 to potentially combine the two businesses.
As the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security held its first hearing of an inquiry into the government's data retention bill, key details of the proposed regime are still yet to be revealed.
The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman has reported the lowest number of complaints about telcos in seven years.
People dialing 000 from a mobile phone in an emergency will now automatically transmit their current location.
Telstra has paid $102,000 in penalty for an ad that allegedly misrepresented the price of the Apple iPhone 6.
- Optus Business boosts Microsoft skills with Ensyst acquisition
- New Vocus/Amcom entity will have initial personnel restructure
- Schneider Electric wins 2014 Platts Global Energy Award
- New undersea cable to link Australia and New Zealand
- Communications service providers will face heavy capex in coming years: Ovum
- Fashioning a new style of customer interaction at The PAS Group
- Infographic: Top digital trends in 2015
- Technology, simplicity and culture: Behind the scenes of Sensis’ digital transformation
- Melbourne Stars look to fan engagement with mobile marketing offer
- Forget 2015: Bing already knows which people, products and trends will win next year