Software News, Features, and Interviews
Microsoft is moving forward with plans for version 7 of its C# language, posting lists of potential features, including tuples, pattern matching, nullability tracking and syntax for lists.
Potentially making work easier for system administrators, Red Hat has updated its development packages to support running multiple versions of the same programming language on its flagship enterprise operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
A man suspected of committing as many as 2 dozen car and house break-ins was arrested for burglary in a Boston suburb on Tuesday after being identified from a home surveillance camera and implicating himself via Facebook.
If there are any overriding trends at work in the enterprise-software market today, consumerization and mobile would have to be among the biggest. Vendors large and small have been racing to add such features to their products, and Thursday brought a fresh example: Salesforce for HR, a new tool that aims to give employees a personalized experience via mobile and social capabilities.
Microsoft on Wednesday released its seventh version of Windows 10's technical preview.
Google made its case Wednesday for Chrome use in the enterprise, and a big part of its pitch is that companies can integrate products they're already using with its Chrome devices and software.
Get ready for PHP 7; it's going to be fast.
Google's redesign of the Chrome bookmarks manager has begun rolling out to the browser's users running the most polished version. And those users are very, very unhappy.
The prospect of automation has long sparked fears of jobs lost to robotic replacements, but typically such worries have focused on blue-collar and other low-level positions. Well, the Institute for the Future has a message for all those in the upper echelons feeling complacent about their job security: The iCEO is coming.
To overcome emotional barriers to cloud computing, Cloud providers often give customers complete control over their data, including encryption keys. Microsoft has been unveiling features in that vein for Azure, and yesterday, the company took a few more steps in that direction with Office 365.
- IN PICTURES: RSA Conference 2015, San Francisco, April 20-24 (+37 photos)
- Technology investment in SMEs set to escalate in 2015: Robert Half
- Bulletproof increases focus on southern region in Australia with new senior hire
- EXCLUSIVE: Huawei and iCITA - a partnership cemented in the datacentre
- HP nabs Randstad most attractive employer in ICT award
- Microsoft's retail store a step forward in building immersive lifestyle experience, says brand expert
- Twitter boosts beacon technology with investment in Swirl Networks
- NetSuite to acquire Bronto's digital marketing platform for US$200m
- Beacon trial aims to engage Sydneysiders with new World War II sculpture
- MCG rates success of beacon trials for customer engagement