- Until the Tails privacy tool is patched, here's how to stay safe
- Firefox gains Chrome-like malicious file defences
- Mystery 'Onion/Critroni' ransom Trojan evolves to use more sophisticated encryption
- Criminals ride Google coattails in DDoS attacks
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
Software News, Features, and Interviews
BSA | The Software Alliance has settled a software copyright breach case out of court with a Melbourne-based recruitment firm that used unlicensed copies of Office 2007 Enterprise.
Oracle database shops that have or are planning to download the latest version of 12c take warning: The vendor's newly launched, much-hyped in-memory processing database option is turned on by default, according to one expert.
Look for Apple to "set the world on fire" later this year with huge sales of the next iPhone.
Apple still has redemption codes available for its public beta of OS X Yosemite.
Hydraulic actuators, battery stacks, biochemical systems and disease propagation are but a few things that now can be modeled more easily, thanks to a number of libraries and a library store that Wolfram Research has created for a new edition of its SystemModeler software package.
A State Department database crash has delayed the issuing of passports and visas worldwide.
Apple today released the public beta of OS X Yosemite, giving non-developers their first chance to preview an upcoming Mac OS in 14 years.
The U.S. Social Security Administration has spent nearly US$300 million on a software system for processing disability claims that still isn't finished and has delivered limited useful functionality, according to an independent report on the project.
Hewlett-Packard is betting $50 million that its customers will find value in the Hadoop data processing platform, by investing in Hadoop distributor Hortonworks.
Salesforce.com is combining its Pardot marketing software, sales automation application and social communities platform into a new product called Sales Reach, which it says can help salespeople nurture leads and make deals in real time.
- JC Penney: Finding the right customer engagement strategy
- Brands demonstrate a hotchpotch of IT/marketing relationships
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing