Social Networking » Case studies »
Harrah's Entertainment is known as a high-stakes player in the glitzy world of hotel casinos and gambling. But in contrast to the bright lights of Las Vegas, the company's Web presence was dull and static and did little more than house communications and financial investment information. Furthermore, several of the company's individual properties had developed their own marketing-oriented sites, leaving the company without a unified face on the Web.
As chief technology officer at Visa US, which handles 35 billion online transactions annually, Scott Thompson is pummeled with pitches about new networked storage technology that promises to reduce workload and bring a higher return on investment.
Like IT executives at other services-related companies, Mitchell Dickerman, CIO at advertising agency Hill, Holliday, Connors, Cosmopulos, is finding that automating his firm's business processes is paying off in cost savings and improved efficiency -- but not without some obstacles.
- Report: Big data analytics delivers revenue dividends
- CMO Interview: Unleashed's Anthony Mordech on the software marketing evolution
- Bank of Queensland: Digital transformation of banking is in its infancy
- Myer targets customers through digital and data in $600m transformation agenda
- Economist: Why it's time to re-think marketing in a customer-led economy