- Is "Bring Your Own Identity" a security risk or advantage?
- Insecure Connections: Enterprises hacked after neglecting third-party risks
- Attackers install DDoS bots on Amazon cloud, exploiting Elasticsearch weakness
- CIOs, CSOs should address cloud sovereignty uncertainty with facts: Gartner
- The week in security: Hackers swarm banks, break for World Cup
Social Networking News, Features, and Interviews
Facebook earlier this summer sparked criticism over a study in which it manipulated the feeds of some of its users, but the dating site OkCupid says what Facebook did is normal, and that in fact it has run its own user-behavior tests.
Social networking sites in China that are modeled on Facebook are having a hard time holding on to users, with customers like Beijing resident Shi Yunfeng, drifting away to newer services.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has dropped its investigation into disclosures about Facebook advertising sales before the company went public in 2012.
Facebook reported Wednesday that it now handles an average of more than 1 billion searches a day, but it still has work to do to provide a comprehensive search tool.
There's a new dating app trying to let in only the most desirable bachelors, by letting women choose who can join.
The World Wide Web Consortium wants to bring the power of social media to the enterprise.
If you're an impulse buyer trying to reform your ways, Facebook and Twitter are not on your side.
Facebook is testing a "buy" button that lets users make purchases directly from their news feeds.
Google+ may attract some new -- and mysterious -- users after Google announced Tuesday it was abolishing its real-names policy for the profiles in the service.
LinkedIn is trying again to build a service on mobile that helps keep people in touch, even when they're not actively job hunting.
- JC Penney: Finding the right customer engagement strategy
- Brands demonstrate a hotchpotch of IT/marketing relationships
- Metrics a must for making the most of content marketing, says Forrester
- Ticketek: Modern marketing strategy is about treating people as people
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing