- White-hat hackers key to securing connected cars
- Roses are red, violets are blue, hand over your cash or I promise we're through
- Heightened security threat could follow Dallas Buyers Club anti-piracy defeat
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Schneier: terrorists will switch to more secure alternatives to avoid encryption backdoors
Servers » Guides »
It might have been the rage in 2006, but interest in green IT drooped along with the economy during the last two years, analysts say.
There's a large selection of free and open source (FOSS) operating systems available these days, and choosing the right one for any given circumstance can be quite a challenge.
So you’re about to roll out Windows 7 and are thinking of going down the virtual desktop path. You’ve built a good set of skills around server virtualization and feel ready to take on the desktop. Either way, desktop virtualization is increasingly on IT managers’ radars for its promise of greater ease of management, costs savings, flexibility, improved control over security, ability to create and push virtual standard operating environment (SOEs) out to users anytime, anywhere and its ‘green IT’ benefits.
Investing tens of thousands of dollars on a storage array is not a process to be taken lightly. It is, however, an opportunity to set the organisation up with a sound and scalable storage strategy that continues to provide savings down the track.<
- There’s something fishy about those Windows 10 market-share numbers
- 7 Android tools that can help your personal security
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Forrester: Marketers using an average of 5 social channels for marketing
- Innovation challenge results in new customer ordering app prototype for Village Cinemas
- CMO interview: The new digital travel experience
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 11 February
- Cronulla Sharks tackles marketing automation