Products News, Features, and Interviews
It might not exactly sound appealing to live in, but a Chinese company has constructed two buildings using a 3D printer that recycles industrial waste to form new building material.
3D printing has lost its novelty value a bit, but new printing materials that MakerBot plans to release will soon make it a lot more interesting again.
3D printer start-up <a href="http://us.xyzprinting.com/us_en/Home">XYZprinting</a>, which has built a reputation around affordable consumer-grade machines, announced today two new models, including an entry-level product priced at just $349.
Harvard researchers <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c1z9inp47o3f9bn/AABP_qjuJOvZeEtKAxMGdFd1a/Voxel8PressKit.docx?dl=0">have announced</a> a 3D printer capable of printing both thermoplastics and highly conductive silver inks that allow electronic products to be created on one process.
Analyst firm Gartner is forecasting that the IoT will encompass some 30 billion connected devices by 2020. And while networking vendor Cisco has pegged the IoT's value at $14.4 trillion between 2013 and 2022, questions are being asked over its potential environment cost.
Taking the first step in what NASA hopes will become a key part of future long-term space journeys, engineers have created the first 3D printed object in space.
Industrial 3D printer maker Stratasys has announced it's selling a professional grade printer on Amazon for the first time.
HP has no plans to take its new industrial 3D printer into the desktop market for consumers, but it will likely scale the machine to take on large production parts.
Thirteen-year-old Shubham Banerjee had to borrow money from his parents to create his first low-cost Braille printer, but he won't need to rely on the kindness of friends and family for more cash any time soon.
3D printing could become faster, cheaper and more efficient with Hewlett-Packard entering the market.
There are about a dozen metrics by which I judge 3D printers when testing them, including speed, noise and the materials with which they can print.
- Marriott CIO: FCC message on WiFi blocking loud and clear
- Microsoft to business: Don't worry about Windows 10, consumers will test it
- Google Now adds data from Lyft, Airbnb and many more apps
- Outlook app for Android and iOS boosts Microsoft's mobile comeback
- MIT randomizes tasks to speed massive multicore processors
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Report: Data-driven marketing the norm as marketers aim for 1-to-1 customer connections
- Updated: Jeanswest sets sights on customer growth with new omni-channel capabilities