- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 roundup
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 gala awards night
- AusCERT 2013: International cyberwar response more complex than geopolitical treaties: NATO CCD COE analyst
- AusCERT 2013: Deploying BYOD in a government environment
- AusCERT 2013: 'Hacktivism' may have passed its prime, but it still left its mark
Microsoft has released a temporary fix for a zero-day vulnerability in Internet Explorer 8, which was used by hackers in a prominent attack against the U.S. Department of Labor's website.
A subdomain of a U.S. Department of Labor website appeared offline on Wednesday after an apparent hack that looks similar to a known China-based hacking campaign nicknamed DeepPanda.
If deployed correctly, encryption does not need to be a headache. Instead, encryption can be an enabler to achieve the flexibility, compliance and data privacy that is required in today's business environments.
A U.S. Senate committee has approved legislation that would give more privacy protection from government surveillance for data stored in the cloud.
Nearly two dozen products have been selected as Best of Interop finalists, with winners set to be announced on May 7 during the annual Interop Las Vegas conference.
U.S. lawmakers need to make significant changes to a controversial cyberthreat information sharing bill because the legislation could be used to give federal intelligence agencies backdoor wiretapping powers, the Center for Democracy and Technology said.
The MIT Sloan CIO Symposium has put out the call for nominees for its annual leadership award, which recognizes innovative use of technology for delivering strong business results.
Last year after an outpouring of opposition, Internet advocates logged a victory when they defeated the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA).
Iceotope's immersively cooled server racks are now in production, and the company has named its first customer. The University of Leeds, in the north of England, has been using an Iceotope server since December to run computational fluid dynamics models -- and to warm the radiators in one of its laboratories.
Privacy and digital rights groups are overstating the privacy concerns in a controversial cyberthreat information bill introduced this week in the U.S. Congress, the bill's sponsors and leaders of some business groups said.
I've been using a StarTech hard drive duplicator for a couple of years now to clone my computer's drive to other internal drives for testing purposes. Once my OS, apps and data are transferred over to a hard drive or solid-state drive (SSD), I can then use the target drive for review purposes.
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds to a close.
This report by Tolly tests the system resource requirements of competing vendor solutions when performing on-demand and on-access scanning functions, during distributed definition updates. Click to download how the four competing options ranked against each other.
When you think Open Source software, you may think of half-baked programs too hard to use, or perhaps lacking power. Well, think again. This Open ...
Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC) wanted to replace its current suite of management tools, some of which had been developed in-house, with a standard solution for the management of 600 network components in its data centre, in order to reduce costs and further improve quality. Find out what approach they took download today.
- FTTechnical Consulting ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia
- Canon appoints new GM of consumer marketing