- Atlassian resets HipChat passwords after 'suspicious' activity
- The week in security: DDoS rising in Australia, US warns on IoT security
- Make sure ex-employees don’t walk out the door with your data
- Verizon to allow opt-out from mobile 'supercookies'
- Smart Lock for Chromebooks: Pair a phone and you can skip the password
Partner Zones News, Features, and Interviews
Riverbed Technology is the latest major tech company to bow out of public trading, announcing a US$3.6 billion takeover by private equity firm Thoma Bravo on Monday. The price is the highest ever paid by Thoma Bravo, and works out to $21 for each share of Riverbed currently in circulation.
Avi Networks, a network startup formed by ex-Cisco executives and backed by $33 million in venture capital, came out of stealth Wednesday with the announcement of a system designed to boost the performance of enterprise applications accessed via the cloud and mobile devices.
The destructive malware program that the FBI alerted some companies about this week was likely used against Sony Pictures Entertainment, according to technical evidence found by researchers in the program's code.
The single most common issue faced by the IT pros surveyed recently by Kelton Research is network slowdowns or outages, which outstripped application performance problems, availability and even the dreaded "unanticipated change request."
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
One of the zero-day flaws patched by Microsoft on Tuesday had been used for some time by a group with suspected Chinese government ties that targets technology companies, CrowdStrike's chief executive said.
Japan's TDK is showing for the first time its prototype of a new memory chip technology that is seen as a promising replacement for today's ubiquitous flash memory.
NTT Communications is giving the power of choice to network administrators, releasing an upgrade for its Enterprise Cloud platform that will allow for on-the-fly changes to bandwidth capacity and VPN connections.
StarTech today released its latest disk duplicator, a standalone USB 3.0/eSATA docking station that offers the company's fastest sector-by-sector drive cloning to date.
Attackers deploy Web-based reconnaissance tool to gather information about potential targets in different industries
- Kellogg's marketing chief: Marketers in charge of delivering sustainable business growth
- CommBank Australia's top banking brand, finds 2015 list
- Facebook tests delivering tips about your location
- Report: Marketing teams must be restructured
- How virtual reality stole the show at Sundance Film Festival