Companies grappling with new customer expectations turn to Communication-as-a-Service model (CaaS) for a more agile, cloud-based omnichannel experience.
Networking News, Features, and Interviews
Cisco’s security consulting chief James Mobley outlines four areas CISOs need to develop their skills in order to keep up with the rapidly changing needs of corporate security.
UC San Diego researchers have developed a magnetic-field network to link wearable devices through the user's body.
Exetel has signed a two-year deal with Optus Wholesale, under which Optus will exclusively deliver National Broadband Network aggregation services to the ISP.
NBN's speed boost to its fixed wireless service, which will see the potential maximum speed of connections increased to 50Mbps downstream and 20Mbps upstream, should be commercially available before Christmas.
LTE with faster upload speeds, using unlicensed spectrum to speed up downloads and customized for the Internet of Things, are some of the things Ericsson is working on for next year.
Onomichi in Japan has rolled out a website that lets people virtually wander the city from the perspective of a cat.
The chair of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Rod Sims, has repeated his belief that NBN should be prepared for a potential future breakup of the company into separate entities.
The initial round of reviews for OnHub, Google’s fancified entry into the home router market, are out, and the consensus is that it’s a neat gadget, but possibly not worth the $200 you’ll fork over to get it.
Will the EMC Federation break up, as a flurry of recent reports have suggested? VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger, for one, believes one of the most prominent alliances of companies in the technology industry is still the best management structure.
Key innovators continue to report to Chambers, not new CEO Robbins
- Toyota funds AI research to build autonomous cars
- Uber links to sensitive ride data now expire after 48 hours
- Connected homes, smartwatches and gaming PCs dominate IFA in Berlin
- Dropbox's head of enterprise says collaboration will set it apart
- Microsoft kills off some of Nokia's apps for Windows Phone
- AOL acquires Millennial Media to bolster in-app and mobile smarts
- The 7 common mistakes marketing leaders are still making
- How Greenstone is uniting IT/marketing in the name of audience management
- Rakuten Marketing chalks up rapid Aussie digital advertising growth
- Paid endorsements get Xbox One marketer in trouble with FTC