Imagine a world where every task of every employee was measured in real-time.
Continuing Coverage News, Features, and Interviews
Has there ever been a Gartner Magic Quadrant as lopsided as the one issued this week for cloud infrastructure providers?
When it comes to 3D printing, the general public is likely unaware how far the technology has come from the days when making figurines and trinkets was about all many believed the machines could do.
LONG BEACH, CALIF. -- Today, much of the research around 3D bioprinting tissue and organs revolves around laying down enough cells in an abiotic substrate outside a living body, so they can culture and then be implanted where needed.
Piston Cloud Computing was one of the darlings of the OpenStack movement. A founding father of the cloud computing project, it produced one of the first private cloud products based on the open source code.
Research firm Gartner's annual report card on the public IaaS Cloud computing market shows there is one clear leader Amazon Web Services and another clear challenger Microsoft Azure. And then there is everyone else.
There's a major supply chain issue in space.
LONG BEACH, CALIF. -- While patent litigation has been on the rise for a number of years, it hasn't been between competing companies but from patent trolls who seek to buy up patent portfolios in order to <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2502588/it-management-why-tech-vendors-fund-patent-trolls.html">sue industry players</a> for infringement.
Early this year, Dropbox released its cloud storage service on Windows phones and tablets, and on Tuesday the company followed up with a universal app that fleshes out the features for both types of devices.
Egnyte has been vying with the likes of Dropbox and Box for some time already in the cloud-storage arena, but on Tuesday it jumped on board the "mobile-first" train with a newly revamped version of its enterprise-focused app suite that's aimed squarely at mobile business users.
To expand its cloud computing business, China's Alibaba Group is preparing to open more data centers across the world.
- Ingram Micro launches professional and training services for Aussie resellers
- Symantec's Holtzhausen to head Veritas channel business across APJ
- Barracuda and Aerohive partner for BYOD security
- Cloud back-up is vital for reseller and MSP profitability: CloudBerry Lab
- 5 For 15: Damon May, MayTek Director
- Why optimisation is the name of the game at First
- Video, mobile show strong growth in IAB's Q1 online advertising report
- Twitter offers marketers objective-based advertising programs
- Coming to Firefox: Ads based on your browsing history
- Woolworths customer leader, Jess Gill, departs, following CMO out the door